Writing Exam Prep
Writing・Native-Speaker Check・Error-Correction・Options Available
English | 日本語
Practice for your upcoming exam by responding to a series of writing prompts, designed to reflect the tasks in the Eiken, IELTS and Cambridge exams. This lesson is also perfect for students wishing to develop skills in translation, or keep a regular diary in English. Let Tutor Fiona know your goals, and she’ll assist you with writing tasks and detailed error-correction, all Skype-free!
＊ Improve writing skills ready for examinations.
＊ Develop grammar and lexical knowledge through error-correction.
＊ Express personal opinions towards various topics.
Please request one of the following options at the time of booking; the default will be assumed otherwise.
OPTION A: GENERAL WRITING PROMPTS [Default]
I want to answer random, personalised questions.
OPTION B: EIKEN WRITING PROMPTS
I want to prepare for the Eiken test. (Please specify Grade 1 / Pre-1 / 2 / Pre-2 / 3 when booking.)
OPTION C: IELTS WRITING PROMPTS
I want to prepare for the IELTS test.
OPTION D: CAMBRIDGE WRITING PROMPTS
I want to prepare for the Cambridge test. (Please specify PET / FCE / CAE / CPE when booking.)
OPTION E: JAPANESE TO ENGLISH SENTENCE TRANSLATION
I want to practice translating Japanese sentences into English.
OPTION F: OTHER
Please check a writing piece I have prepared by myself (i.e. diary writing, translation).
Each writing task will generally have a word count of 100 to 250 words, and the expected word count will be advised in the writing task prompt. Students preparing their own writing pieces (Option E) should not exceed 500 words. Students should submit their writing piece as a Word Document so that feedback can be provided through the tracking feature. Writing pieces will be returned within 7 days from submission.
Each translation task includes 10 randomised Japanese sentences to be translated into English. The translation task will be provided through Microsoft Excel. Translations will be returned within 7 days from submission.
Want to talk about improving your writing skills or receive live error-correction? Book a Free Conversation lesson, or Student’s Choice for something a little longer.
Key Skill and Language Areas:
Writing, Grammar, Vocabulary
＊ Error-correction (grammar, vocabulary choices, structuring, etc.)
＊ General comments and areas for improvement.
writing, exam prep, error-correction, materials, translation, Eiken, IELTS, Cambridge, solid study
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Writing Exam Prep Writing・Native-Speaker Check・Error-Correction・Options Available
- Lesson Bundle Speaking・Listening・Free Talk・Lesson Pack・Discounted Lessons・All Levels
- Q&A: Australia / England Study Abroad・Travel・Culture Exchange・Language Support・Speaking
- Speaking Exam Prep Speaking・Test Prep・Materials・Solid Study・Options Available
- Trial Lesson New Students・Speaking・Listening・Self-Introduction・Consultation
- Free Conversation Speaking・Listening・Free Chat・英会話・All Levels・Options Available
- Guided Conversation Speaking・Listening・Vocabulary・Materials・Options Available
- Student's Choice Custom Lesson・Lesson Planning・Materials・Qualified Teacher・Speaking
- Teachers’ Discussion Corner CELTA・The JET Programme・MA TESOL・Cafetalk Tips・Resources・Discussion
- Deeper Discussions Speaking・TED Talks・Articles・Social Issues・Discussion
- Add-On Item: Lesson Recording Video Recording・Lesson Review・Extra
- Lesson Bundle (Writing) Writing・Native-Speaker Check・Error-Correction・Options Available
Feedback from students
英作文の添削を受けました。 添削していただいた文章はとてもナチュラルで勉強になりました。 Thank you Fiona. I'd like to have writing lessons some times.
今回もスピーチの原稿の添削をしてもらいました。毎回早く丁寧な添削で本当に信頼出来る講師です。 事前に原稿の内容について相談もしていたのですが、それにも丁寧に分かりやすい回答をいただきました。 今までいくつか添削レッスンを取っていますが、一番！と言っていいほど素晴らしいと思います！
I requested my interview-preparation materials to be corrected. Fiona answered really quickly and she finished the correction on the same day! In addition, her kind comments and change tracking are really helpful and easy to understand. Of course, the corrected contents are also great. I really appreciate her lesson and I wish to have another lesson with her someday soon!