Hello everyone. My name is Naomi.
I grew up in Kyoto, which used to be the capital of Japan.
Growing up, I had a lot of opportunities to meet people from overseas and this got me interested in international cultures and languages. Ever since I was a kid, I would wonder what people were talking about in other languages and think, “It’s so cool how they can just switch to another language like that!”
I started learning English at age 2 and started learning Korean during middle school.
Now, I have the opportunity to put those skills to use at work. I also have friends all over the world and it is a lot of fun for me to travel abroad and talk to them in their native language.
Why did I decide to become a teacher?
During college, I lived in a share house in the city and most of my house mates were international students. Helping them with their Japanese homework is what inspired me to become a teacher. My house mates were from all over the world, but I noticed that people who spoke the same mother tongue would make similar mistakes.
Since I am also interested in speaking foreign languages, I thought, “I want to teach people Japanese and be able to explain things to them in their native language” and decided to enroll in a teacher training course.
My teaching style
My goal as a teacher is to help out anyone who is interested in Japan and wants to learn how to speak Japanese.
Most of my lessons focus on working on the student’s problem area. Before the lesson, I will ask you about what you have the most trouble with. Then during the first half of the lesson we will work on those difficult/problem areas, and during the second half of the lesson, we will reinforce what you learned via game style exercises and practice drills.
I also offer English and Korean lessons for Japanese people.
Please feel free to book a session.
I can speak 4 languages, so if you are having trouble understanding something, I can explain it to you in your native language and give you guidance on Japanese grammar patterns that speakers of your language often have trouble with. Let’s have fun working towards your goals together.
Please scroll down to see what my students thought about the lessons.
Tokyo, Sanno Institute of Management, MA in Psychology
4 years experience at a Korean restaurant in Shin Okubo
If you have any questions, please ask me in Japanese or English during the lessons.
Cafetalk Translation - 7/2016
Messages from our tutors
- 新しいクーポンを発行しました - 50%off こんにちは。新しいことをやりたい方は他にいませんか？新規生徒さんに限り、半額レッスン可能です。初めて日本語受けてみたい方。お手頃価格でまずはやってみましょう！==========... 3 weeks ago
- New lesson こんにちはIf you do not want to use text book.If you want to cooking (please request 3days bef... 3 months ago
- 1月３１日まで！！ - 新春クーポン５０％off ============================ クーポン名: 新春クーポン５０％off (はじめての方のみ) コード: 81818751 割引率: 50% 適用レッスン... 3 months ago
Hello everyone. My name is Naomi.
TeachingEnglish Japanese Korean Chinese
Lessons offered by this tutor
- ちょっと日本語 短い時間で、新しい文法と新しい単語を覚えましょう。
- Let’s try to speak Japanese!! Let's try to speak Japanese
- 簡単！！シンプル！！接客中国語 外国人観光客がきても余裕と自信をもって接客したいスタッフの方へ
- レベルチエック！！ レッスンの前にレベルチェックをしてカリキュラムをくんでいきましょう。
- Improve Your Japanese Pronunciation If you’re not sure about your Japanese pronunciation, I will help you get through it word by word.
- Practice Speaking Keigo (Honorifics) I’m still starting out, but I want to learn the very basics. My keigo comes out wrong. I still can’t use keigo properly.
- 漢字で学ぶハングル ハングルになれていない あなたへ
- Start with “Konnichiwa” Learn Japanese greetings starting with “Konnichiwa,” then learn how to introduce yourself.
- 簡単‼︎シンプル‼︎接客英語 訪日外国人のお客様が来るたびに固まってしまうあなたへ
- Practice Using Japanese Counter Words Practicing counting in Japanese while using those tricky counter words! Great for people who are planning to travel to Japan!!
Feedback from students
She is very kind and helpful to me when she instruction to me.She has professional teaching way . I very happy when i learning time with her .So ,i want to recommend for japanese language leaner .
Naomi たんじょうび と こだわり みなさん こんにちは。 昨日、無事に１つ年をかさねました。 仕事で終わった一日でしたけど。 ケーキいただきました。 お祝いの言葉...
Naomi 割れた 翡翠… こんにちは。 昼間の京都駅。 出勤のため、 いつものように？ダッシュで家を出る。 駅の出口を人をわけて走る。 が 次の瞬間。 ...
Naomi ラーメン屋での相席 FROM 自宅の部屋より こんにちは。 最近外国人にもラーメンが人気。 あなたのこだわりは？ めん？ スープ？ とんこつ？しょう...
Naomi 日本のモナリザ こんにちは。 久しぶりに旅コラムを書きます。 去年の8月。 パリにて。 ロンドンの短期留学おえて（即刻退学しましたけど） ユーロ...
Naomi できるのにはなさない生徒さん From 自宅より こんにちは。 片手間ですが、レッスンしてます。 日本語講師のNaomiです。 新規生徒さん新たに予約。 まさ...