FREE 10min TRIAL FOR ALL LESSON TYPES
Leave feedback and receive a 10% discount valid for 30 days
Hi, my name is Mark and I am a 46 year old professional ESL English teacher from London, England. I hold a TEFL certificate (English language teaching qualification) and an honors degree in Biochemistry.
Before I started teaching, for 20 years, I worked as a scientist/manager for GE (General Electric) Healthcare. I then moved to SE Asia 8 years ago and have now been teaching English online for 6 years. I am used to teaching all levels of English.
I offer a range of skill building sessions including IELTS preparation, interview techniques and tips, general science, proofreading as well as general English conversation.
When I am not teaching, I like to travel around Asia and experience the many different and fascinating cultures that can be found in this part of the world.
Most of my lessons are very reasonably priced from 2,200 points for a 50 minute lesson and I have a fast and very reliable internet connection for clear calls and video messaging on Skype. I always type whatever we talk about in my lessons so you have a permanent transcript that you can refer to.
Please add me on Facebook to follow my updates:
Thanks for reading my profile and I hope to meet you soon!
Messages from our tutors
- Puzzled by English idioms?.... Here are some good ones! If you have ever been puzzled when a native English speaker uses an idiom in a conversati... 5 months ago
- Happy New Year 10% discount for you HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 2017 has arrived so why not start your new year by booking a lesson wit... 6 months ago
- My schedule for the next 5 weeks Hi all,As Christmas is approaching, I have decided to visit England to see my family and ... 8 months ago
TeachingEnglish Career Advancement
- English Native
- French Daily conversation
- Thai Just a few words
Lessons offered by this tutor
- PROOFREADING/CORRECTION up to 500 words (no Skype) ANY document up to 500 words checked and corrected- 7 DAYS A WEEK SERVICE
- PROOFREADING/EDITING up to 1000 words- offline ANY document up to 1,000 words checked and corrected- 7 days a week service
- English conversation (FREE TRIAL, 50 mins- 2,200 points) Improve everyday conversation with new vocabulary and grammar
- 中高生の『英語で生物』SCIENCE (50 mins, 2,700 points) 真の「インターナショナル」になるために、英語脳＋理系脳を同時に鍛えよう！
- English conversation (FREE TRIAL, 30 mins- only 1,500 points) Improve everyday conversation with new vocabulary and grammar
- PROOFREADING/EDITING (Skype) ANY document proofread live and sent back immediately!!
- IELTS speaking lesson Take some IELTS speaking classes with me and pass your IELTS with 7.0+
- 30 min lesson - any subject! (1,600 points) Choose any of my lesson types for 30 mins....Only 1,600 points
- Business English (50 mins, 2,500 points) Essential business vocabulary
- INTERVIEW PRACTICE (50 mins - 2,500 points) Job / university interview practice sessions.
- IELTS reading lesson 'Academic' or 'General IELTS' reading practice
- IELTS listening lesson Score 7.0+ in your IELTS listening exam by taking classes with me
- IELTS writing lesson 'Academic' or 'General IELTS' writing practice
Feedback from students
Thank you for your other informative lessons! I found some bad tendency of my English writing during the process of correction and editing. It's quite helpful for the future improvement! I'm looking forward to taking your next lesson! Mark先生はいつも集中力と熱意をもってレッスンを進めて下さいます。また、こちらの意見にも良く耳を傾けて下さり、充分なディスカッションができます。また次回も受講したいと思います。
I found Mark's lesson very beneficial as he tried to further correct the article after exchanging some messages. Thank you!
I have been learning a lot about how to write English emails from his lessons. There's still lot of things to learn, and I am hoping to take his lesson again! 英語のメールの書き方について学んでいます。まだまだ学ぶべきことがあり、また近く、レッスンをうけたいです。とても熱心な先生で、いつも同じように対応してくださいます。どんなレベルの人にもオススメの、なかなかいない先生です。イギリス英語もきれいです。
Thank you very much. I hope you will continue your lesson at Cafe Talk for a long time!
Mark Roy Why is proofreading so important? Editing vs. Proofreading The terms 'editing' and 'proofreading' are ...
Mark Roy Puzzled by English idioms.... Here's some good ones! Every language has its own collection of wise sayings. They offer adv...
Mark Roy 6 Things to Make You Sound Even Better Than a Native English Speaker! Over the last few years of teaching, I have found that many of my stu...
Mark Roy Brain Training For Learning English Vocabulary Learning a language can require both concentration and the ability to...
Mark Roy New and improved business English course Hi, please see below some screen shots of a new text book I have been...