FREE 10min TRIAL FOR ALL LESSON TYPES
Leave feedback and receive a 10% discount valid for 30 days
Hi, my name is Mark and I am 45 year old professional ESL English teacher from London, England. I hold a TEFL certificate (English language teaching qualification) and an honors degree in Biochemistry.
For the past 20 years, I worked as a scientist/manager for GE (General Electric) Healthcare. I moved to SE Asia 4 years ago where I have been teaching English at schools for children and to adults as a private tutor. I am used to teaching all levels of English and I can also help you with business English and interviewing skills.
I offer a range of skill building sessions including interview techniques and tips, biology, general science, proofreading as well as straight forward English grammar, conversation, idioms and vocabulary sessions.
When I am not teaching, I like to travel around Asia and experience the many different and fascinating cultures that can be found in this part of the world.
Most of my lessons are very reasonably priced from 2000 points for a 50 minute lesson and I have a fast and very reliable internet connection for clear calls and video messaging on SKYPE. Please check out my most popular lesson "Speak To Me!" and especially check out my excellent reviews on all lessons. I always type whatever we talk about in my lessons so you have a permanent transcript that you can refer to.
Please add me on Facebook to follow my updates:
Thanks for reading my profile and I hope to meet you soon!
Messages from our tutors
- Puzzled by English idioms?.... Here are some good ones! If you have ever been puzzled when a native English speaker uses an idiom in a conversati... 4 months ago
- Happy New Year 10% discount for you HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 2017 has arrived so why not start your new year by booking a lesson wit... 5 months ago
- My schedule for the next 5 weeks Hi all,As Christmas is approaching, I have decided to visit England to see my family and ... 6 months ago
TeachingEnglish Career Advancement
- English Native
- French Daily conversation
- Thai Just a few words
Lessons offered by this tutor
- 中高生の『英語で生物』SCIENCE (50 mins, 2,700 points) 真の「インターナショナル」になるために、英語脳＋理系脳を同時に鍛えよう！
- PROOFREADING/CORRECTION (Skype) ANY document proofread live and sent back immediately!!
- 30 min lesson - any subject! (1,600 points) Choose any of my lesson types for 30 mins....Only 1,600 points
- English conversation (FREE TRIAL, 30 mins- only 1,500 points) Improve everyday conversation with new vocabulary and grammar
- Business English (50 mins, 2,500 points) Essential business vocabulary
- IELTS lesson (50 mins, 2,500 points) Ace your IELTS with my professional lesson
- English conversation (FREE TRIAL, 50 mins- 2,200 points) Improve everyday conversation with new vocabulary and grammar
- PROOFREADING/CORRECTION up to 500 words (no Skype) ANY document up to 500 words checked and corrected- 7 DAYS A WEEK SERVICE
- INTERVIEW PRACTICE (50 mins - 2,500 points) Job / university interview practice sessions.
- PROOFREADING/CORRECTION up to 1000 words (no Skype) ANY document up to 1,000 words checked and corrected- 7 days a week service
- TOEFL lesson (50mins. 2,500 points) Get a high TOEFL score with me
- TOEIC Preparation (50mins. 2,500 points) Do you want to pass your TOEIC exam first time?
Feedback from students
Thank you very much for another great lesson. Evertime, I learn a lot from your lesson. Looking forward to the next one.
Even though I have just took 10 mins for the business lesson trail. I could tell Mark is a professional and caring teacher. He clearly explained each section in the lesson. That made me felt reliable. I will definitely retake his lesson again.
My 5-year old daughter had a trial lesson about five senses for the first time. He prepared teaching resources for her in advance and explained to her very well during the lesson. She was a bit nervous (because she doesn't get used to taking online lessons yet), but after the lesson, she said she learned something new and told me about them. He was very patient and tried not to make silence when she found it difficult to explain reasons. Although the Internet connection was not great sometimes, but she enjoyed the lesson. We are going to start to take his lessons regularly. ５歳になりたての娘のサイエンステーマのトライアルレッスンをお願いしました。娘は、オンラインレッスンにまだ慣れていないので、少し緊張していたようですが、先生がうまくリードして沈黙を作らないよう、丁寧に説明してくださいました。 今回は無料のトライアルですが、全く手を抜かずに教えてくださいました。これからも、定期的に先生のレッスンをお願いしたいと思います。
Mark Roy Why is proofreading so important? Editing vs. Proofreading The terms 'editing' and 'proofreading' are ...
Mark Roy Puzzled by English idioms.... Here's some good ones! Every language has its own collection of wise sayings. They offer adv...
Mark Roy 6 Things to Make You Sound Even Better Than a Native English Speaker! Over the last few years of teaching, I have found that many of my stu...
Mark Roy Brain Training For Learning English Vocabulary Learning a language can require both concentration and the ability to...
Mark Roy New and improved business English course Hi, please see below some screen shots of a new text book I have been...