Hi, my name is Mark and I am a 47 year old professional ESL English teacher from London, England. I hold a TEFL certificate (English language teaching qualification) and an honors degree in Biochemistry.
Before I started teaching, I worked as a scientist/manager for GE (General Electric) Healthcare for 20 years. I then moved to SE Asia in 2009 where I have been teaching English online ever since.
I offer a range of skill building sessions including IELTS preparation, business English, interview preparation, general science, proofreading as well as general English conversation.
When I am not teaching, I like to travel around Asia and experience the many different and fascinating cultures that can be found in this part of the world.
Most of my lessons are very reasonably priced from 2,200 points for a 50 minute lesson and I have a fast and very reliable internet connection for clear calls and video messaging on Skype. I always type whatever we talk about in my lessons so you have a permanent transcript that you can refer to.
Please add me on Facebook to follow my updates:
Thanks for reading my profile and I hope to meet you soon!
Messages from our tutors
- Extra availability this Saturday and Sunday (14 & 15th April) Hi all,I just want to let you know that I will be available this Saturday and Sunday (14 ... 2 weeks ago
- Availability 30 April to 4 May Hi all,Please note that for the week of Monday 30th April to Friday 4th May, my hours wil... 3 weeks ago
- How to score >7.0 in IELTS..... New 'Tutors Column' article Hi,Please check out my latest 'Tutors Column' article about how to achieve >7.0 in you... 2 months ago
TeachingEnglish Career Advancement
- English Native
- French Daily conversation
- Thai Just a few words
Lessons offered by this tutor
- 30 min lesson - any subject! (1,600 points) Choose any of my lesson types for 30 mins....Only 1,600 points
- PROOFREADING/EDITING (Skype) ANY document proofread live and sent back immediately!!
- English conversation (FREE TRIAL, 50 mins- 2,200 points) Improve everyday conversation with new vocabulary and grammar
- PROOFREADING/CORRECTION up to 500 words (no Skype) ANY document up to 500 words checked and corrected- 7 DAYS A WEEK SERVICE
- IELTS speaking lesson Take some IELTS speaking classes with me and pass your IELTS with 7.0+
- IELTS writing lesson 'Academic' or 'General IELTS' writing practice
- INTERVIEW PRACTICE (50 mins - 2,500 points) Job / university interview practice sessions.
- English conversation (FREE TRIAL, 30 mins- only 1,500 points) Improve everyday conversation with new vocabulary and grammar
- 中高生の『英語で生物』SCIENCE (50 mins, 2,700 points) 真の「インターナショナル」になるために、英語脳＋理系脳を同時に鍛えよう！
- PROOFREADING/EDITING up to 1000 words- offline ANY document up to 1,000 words checked and corrected- 7 days a week service
- Business English (50 mins, 2,500 points) Essential business vocabulary
- IELTS reading lesson 'Academic' or 'General IELTS' reading practice
- IELTS listening lesson Score 7.0+ in your IELTS listening exam by taking classes with me
Feedback from students
Thank you very much for your quick response. Your corrections make perfect sense. Your knowledge of science really counts.
I learned from him how to polite asking to the Examiner. It is more reriable with his teaching skill.
Thank you for your informative lessen and patience as always! See you next time!!
I want to know more useful key word also grammer and how to make sentences from Mark.
He gave me some useful expressions of IELTS exam.
Mark Roy Scoring >7.0 in IELTS For most international students, Band 7 is the ideal score. A score i...
Mark Roy Offline proofreading... easy and convenient! Hi! Just a reminder to let new and current students know that I offe...
Mark Roy 15% New year discount for any new students Hi and Happy New Year to one and all. For the month of January, I wou...
Mark Roy 25% discount for all new IELTS students Hi, I am offering a HUGE 25% discount for all new IELTS students who ...
Mark Roy Japanese band 'WORLD ORDER' in Bangkok, 1 September 2017 To all fans of 'WORLD ORDER'..... I just thought I would share thi...