Hello! My name is Elizabeth, but you can call me Eby (イビ). I live in Wisconsin in the U.S., which is near the Great Lakes; it’s very cold here in winter! I have a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Wisconsin, and I’ve been teaching English professionally for over 10 years.
Teaching English in Japan:
I taught business English and English conversation in Tochigi, Japan; I taught classes at four different companies near Utsunomiya. I enjoyed eating gyoza, and I also enjoyed going to the hot springs near Lake Chuzenji (中禅寺湖) in Nikko. I drove my car up the Irohazaka road (いろは坂) many times!
Later, I taught English classes to business and conversation students in Sapporo, Hokkaido. I enjoyed Sapporo sashimi, ramen, and soup curry. I also enjoyed karaoke with my Japanese friends! Feel free to ask me about my favorite Japanese songs. J
Teaching English in the U.S.:
At a local Wisconsin technical college, I taught “English Composition” writing classes for native English speakers. I also taught ESL classes for students from many countries: Japan, China, Thailand, Laos, and Mexico. It was fun and interesting to learn about my students’ different cultures!
My interests and hobbies:
Perhaps you’ve seen the horse photos on my Facebook page. . . I’ve worked part-time (freelance) training horses and teaching horseback riding lessons since I was 18 years old.
I enjoy writing. My husband is a professional illustrator, and we published our first children’s book last year.
I enjoy British culture, too! In college, I studied abroad for six months in Edinburgh, Scotland. After college, I worked for six months in Devon, England.
My Cafetalk lessons:
- I love teaching! My lessons are professional and enthusiastic, and my aim is to help you achieve your English goals in a fun, encouraging, and challenging environment. I’m excited when my students show improvements!
- I listen carefully during lessons, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to speak.
- My lesson materials focus on speaking. These materials are specialized to improve your confidence, accuracy, and smoothness.
- During lessons, I will correct your English, and I’ll teach you more natural expressions, including idioms, phrasal verbs, and collocations.
- My Skype notes are detailed and professional, including pronunciation tips and new vocabulary.
I’m looking forward to talking with you!
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile, and best wishes in your English studies! I hope to talk with you soon.