English Language - Let's Identify Your Exact Learning Needs!
Have you ever wondered what it is exactly that you would like to improve upon, but are not exactly sure? Grammar, vocab, speaking or listening skills?! Well, let me take you through an assessment to identify exactly what it is you need - and why!
During this lesson, we will assess your attainment level of the four main function areas and make an agreement on your grading for example, intermediate, higher intermediate, lower advanced etc.
We will then drill down in to each area to identify which function has the most importance to your requirement and why, before moving on to identify actual specific needs.
The aim is to develop a learning and development plan, which can organically develop, with flexibility to address any specific needs.
This lesson is ideally aimed at intermediate to advanced learners.
Receive full feedback on the lesson upon completion, which I shall forward to you, via Skype or Cafetalk websites.
Lesson requests can be made after Sep 3, 2018.
Lessons offered by this tutor
- English Language - Let's Identify Your Exact Learning Needs! Have you ever wondered what it is exactly that you would like to improve upon, but are not exactly sure? Grammar, vocab, speaking or listening skills?! Well, let me take you through an assessment to identify exactly what it is you need - and why!
- English Language - Free Conversation Speak with a CELTA qualified, native-speaker on just about any subject that you'd like!
- Common Mistakes! Let's be honest, we make mistakes that we sometimes don't know about when learning English. Let's have some free-talk with a view to highlighting these errors and then do something to correct them!
- Everyday Vocabulary Let's look at specific areas of vocabulary such as health, feelings, food, work and travel and introduce associated grammar so that we can develop your vocabulary to the standard that you want and leave you feeling totally confident!
- Adjectives and Adverbs Learn more of how the use of the correct adjective or adverb can add much more to your language.
- Present Perfect Tense Learn how to use the present perfect tense and identify the differences with the simple past tense, which is often used inaccurately, in place of the present perfect tense.
- Conditionals - Grammar If I were a bird, I'd fly to the nearest treetop! Do you know which conditional the above sentence represents and also, that there is more than one conditional situation? Learn with me about the uses of and how to use conditionals!
Feedback from students
Andrew is cheerful, intelligent, and professional. This level assessment is designed for the teacher and a student to work together to identify student's learning needs and explore possible methods to improve weak areas. It's conversational throughout the lesson even though a few tasks are given to a student to assess their level. I'm glad that I decided to take this lesson. I've got some good advice from him, which I usually don't get from my regular teachers. I enjoyed talking with him too.