Let's calculate things rapidly in your head! The abacus method of mental calculation is effective in the development of the right brain!!
Are you interested in learning about how to use an abacus? Or, are you not exactly sure what an abacus is?
The Japanese abacus is a rectangular wooden instrument used to do calculations based on the decimal system. It is considered to be the first calculator in Japan and has played a significant role in the cultural and educational development of the country. We believe that the abacus (or soroban in Japanese) to be representative of many aspects of the Japanese culture.
Now, let me answer some common questions :-)
Calculators are everywhere, so why study abacus now?
It's a unique calculating system that doesn't need electricity
You can calculate things rapidly in your head! The abacus method of mental calculation is effective in the development of the right brain. It fosters a great sense of numbers.
It's good for kids and also for adults. For kids, they can have confidence for math classes. For adults, it's useful for when you go to shopping or go abroad, in daily use. For example, how much is 20% or 25% off for ￥2800 on sale? Or how much does￥2800 exchange for dollars, euros or other currencies?
How can we do lessons via skype?
With the use of the camera, I can show you how to use the abacus and I can check your use as well.
My parents run private abacus schools in Japan and I have experience teaching students at these schools as a teacher. Also, I have taught students from as young as 4 years old to adults!
I like my students to enjoy their lessons!
If you are interested in my lessons, please feel free to contact me!!!
*Lesson fees includes teaching materials
*I am unable to provide abacus to all my students. Please purchase on your own (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HHVOG7W?psc=1)
Lessons offered by this tutor
- そろばん２ヶ月集中レッスン！（40分コース） そろばんで計算力アップを目指しませんか？
- そろばん２ヶ月集中レッスン！（20分コース） そろばんで計算力アップを目指しませんか？
- Counseling for Japanese lesson! Check your level first and decide which lesson suits you better!
- Abacus lesson!!(40min) Let's calculate things rapidly in your head! The abacus method of mental calculation is effective in the development of the right brain!!
- Abacus lesson⭐︎(20min) Let's calculate things rapidly in your head! The abacus method of mental calculation is effective in the development of the right brain!!
- Abacus lesson!!(60min) Let's calculate things rapidly in your head! The abacus method of mental calculation is effective in the development of the right brain!!
- Free conversation in Japanese♪ (30 min) Let's practice Japanese!!
- Trial Abacus lesson (Free） そろばんレッスンを受講する方向け
- Let's learn Japanese Onomatopoeias!! There are tons of mimetic words in Japanese. They are often used in manga, anime and novels as well. If you learn them, your Japanese will sound more natural, and you will be able to follow your favorite anime or manga characters more easily! :-) Let's l
- Let's go to Japan! Practical Japanese for travel!! Hi, here we will study some basic daily Japanese, such as ordering at a restaurant (sushi, ramen, etc.) or how to use public transportation (trains, bus, etc.)
- Let's study Japanese!! (Basic) This lesson is for begginers. Let's study and improve your Japanese from a basic level. We will discuss Hiragana & Katakana, as well as counting (numbers), greetings, verbs, etc. depending on your level and what you need practice with.
Feedback from students
Absolutely fascinating lesson, and so happy we found her. My daughter was in the worst mood but tutor was very experienced with kids and she handled my grumpy kid no problem. It was a very good lesson and I was able to learn as well. I think it's perfect if you can practice everyday based on what she teaches you in a lesson, and then meet the tutor once a week or twice a week to show her progress, to see if you are ready to move forward etc. well that's what we are planning to do. 日曜の早朝しかもお友達がお泊まりに来ていてまだ寝ているときにベットから引きずりおろしてのレッスンでした．．．もちろん１０歳の娘は今までに見た事もないくらい不機嫌にて、収集がつかない感じでしたが、先生はとっても気を長く、笑顔と声かけで常に励ましながらやってくれました。本当に恥ずかしかったですが感謝致しました。週１〜２回のペースで先生と、そして毎日頂いた教材でとにかく練習・復習頑張って行こうと思います。子供がどうやって進んで行くか、横で見れるのが親にはとても嬉しいです。
너무나 친절하게 설명을 해주어서 이해하는데 많은 도움을 받았읍니다. 그리고 한번 수업을 한내용에관해서도 침착하게 다시 설명을해주어서 모르는 부분을 완전히 이해할때까지 설명을 해준점이 너무나 좋았읍니다. 수강후의 레슨노트도 많은 도움을 받았읍니다.